Destinations with biggest savings for Spring Break 2017
SEATTLE, March 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Hotwire announces the top five destinations for last-minute Spring Break travel based on 2017 data. Hotwire wants to help travelers enjoy big savings this year for Spring Break and took a look at the data to figure out what cities show the biggest savings compared to 2016. With lower percentages in the double digits and 60% savings on Hot Rate Hotels, there’s really no excuse not to get away for Spring Break.
For all you travelers that still haven’t booked your trip, it isn’t too late. There are amazing last-minute deals both in the US and internationally and with Hotwire’s help, you can plan the perfect getaway and not worry about breaking the bank.
First, where* to go?
- Well-known for tequila and mariachi music, Guadalajara, Mexico is perfect for Spring Break travel and prices are 15% lower than last year. You can grab a 4-star hotel for $56 a night.
- Can never go wrong with a little sunshine. Phoenix, Arizona has 15% savings relative to last year, and 3-star rooms for less than $100 a night.
- Looking for sand and margaritas? Head down to San Jose del Cabo for 10% savings compared to 2016. Book a 3.5 star room for $166 a night.
- Head to Boston, MA for a family-friendly trip and enjoy 10% savings relative to last year. Grab a 3.5-star hotel starting as low as $153.
- Book a trip to Colorado Springs and see some of the most beautiful iconic red-sandstone formations in the world. With 10% savings relative to last year and 3.5 rooms starting at $66, it’s a great place for the whole family.
Ok, destination is figured out. Now what? Here’s a few travel tips to maximize your trip.
- Buying in bundle can help you save significantly. If you buy your plane ticket first, you can unlock even better car and hotel deals.
- Traveling during off-peak days and times usually will lend you the best savings. Instead of leaving on Friday, travel Saturday to Monday. Sunday nights are usually the least expensive nights for hotel stays and everything is less crowded.
- If you’re flying, try to schedule an early morning flight or book the redeye for the best savings.
*Based on travel from April 10 through 16, 2017 (compared to April 10 through 16, 2016.) Percentages based on demand. Room prices based on Hot Rate Hotels, searched on March 8, 2017.
Hotwire.com inspires spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals. Launched in 2000, Hotwire, Inc. obtains deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help travelers book unsold airline seats, hotel rooms and rental cars. Hotwire.com is an award winning website and Hotwire, Inc. is an operating company within Expedia, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com.
©2016 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. Hotwire, Hotwire.com and the Hotwire logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CST # 2053390-40.
Anita Lavine, Porter Novelli for Hotwire
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/destinations-with-biggest-savings-for-spring-break-2017-300428240.html