Charlotte Fire Department to Deploy Evidence.com; First Major City Fire Department to Join the Axon Network
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, today announced that Charlotte Fire Department (CFD) will deploy Axon’s digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com, making it the first major city fire department to join the Axon network. The department’s arson unit will be the first to deploy Evidence.com services as part of a larger proof of concept. This order was received in the second quarter of 2018.
“We’re always exploring new, innovative ways to better serve our community,” says City of Charlotte Fire Chief, Reginald T. Johnson. “By enhancing efficiency and improving connectivity with our community safety partners, we ensure the City of Charlotte’s fire service remains among the best in the country.”
“Axon’s mission to protect life stretches well beyond law enforcement,” says Axon CEO and founder, Rick Smith. “By offering a connected network to law enforcement, medical, fire, EMTs, and security, these public safety professionals can all join forces to share evidence and get to the truth of a situation faster.”
Axon is at the International Association of Fire Chiefs – Fire-Rescue International conference through August 10 in Dallas, Texas. Please visit the Axon booth #3789.
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to Protect Life. Our technologies give law enforcement and public safety personnel the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer’s day-to-day experience:
- In the field – Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station – Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom – Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm’s way for all of us. To date, there are more than 300,000 software seats booked on the Axon network around the world and more than 203,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon network of devices, apps, and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Axon, Axon Network, Evidence.com, the “Delta Logo,” “Protect Life,” and Smart Weapons are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
Axon VP Communications